Installing a new handheld shower head can add convenience and luxury to your showering experience. Not only is it easy to do, but it also doesn’t require any major plumbing skills or experience.
To install a hand held shower head, you’ll need a few basic tools and supplies before getting started. With the right materials, you can have your new shower head up and running in no time. Read on to learn exactly how to install a handheld shower head with ease!
- Gather your tools. To install a handheld shower head, you will need a pipe wrench, adjustable wrench, Teflon tape, and a screwdriver. If your shower head comes with a mounting bracket, you may also need screws or other hardware.
- Shut off the water supply. Before you begin, locate the main water shut-off valve for your home. Turn it off to prevent water from flowing while you work. If you are unable to locate the main shut-off valve, close the valve on the pipe that leads to your shower or bathtub.
- Remove the old shower head. Use a pipe wrench to loosen the old shower head from the pipe that extends from the wall. If the shower head is difficult to remove, wrap a towel around the pipe and use the wrench to gently loosen it. Be careful not to apply too much force, as you could damage the pipe or the shower head.
- Apply Teflon tape. To create a watertight seal, wrap Teflon tape around the threads of the pipe. Make sure to wrap the tape in the same direction as the threads, and be sure to cover all the threads completely.
- Attach the handheld shower head. Handtighten the handheld shower head onto the pipe, making sure that it is securely in place. Do not use the pipe wrench or adjustable wrench to tighten the shower head, as this could strip the threads or cause the shower head to become loose over time.
- Test the shower head. Once the handheld shower head is installed, turn the water supply back on and test the shower head to make sure it is functioning properly. If the shower head is leaking or not functioning properly, you may need to adjust the Teflon tape or reattach the shower head more securely.
- Adjust the mounting bracket. If the handheld shower head comes with a mounting bracket, adjust the bracket to the desired height. After that install it according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Some mounting brackets may require screws or other hardware to secure them to the wall.
- Test the mounting bracket. Once the mounting bracket is installed, test the handheld shower head to make sure it is securely in place and can be easily removed and replaced as needed. If the shower head is not stable or if it feels loose, you may need to adjust the mounting bracket or reattach the shower head more securely.
How To Install a Handheld Shower Head (Tutorial)
By following these steps, you should be able to successfully install a handheld shower head in your bathroom. If you encounter any difficulties or if you are unsure about any part of the process, it is a good idea to consult the manufacturer’s instructions or seek the assistance of a professional plumber.
1 thought on “How To Install A Handheld Shower Head”