Cracks in your driveway can be unsightly and cause more serious damage if left unchecked. Fortunately, there are many effective ways to fill in those pesky cracks and give your driveway a much-needed facelift.
One of the best options is to use a driveway crack filler – this material is specially designed to provide a long-lasting seal that won’t crack or break down due to extreme weather or road traffic.
In this article, we’ll look at some of the best driveway crack fillers on the market, as well as tips for making sure you get the most out of your purchase.
Top 10 Best Driveway Crack Fillers
What Causes Driveway Cracks?
There are a few reasons why driveway cracks might form. One reason is simply age and weathering. Over time, the asphalt in driveways will break down and crack, no matter how well it’s maintained.
Another reason might be that the driveway was not properly installed in the first place. If the sub-base or foundation is too weak, the weight of vehicles driving over it will cause the asphalt to crack. Uneven settling of the ground can also cause driveways to crack, as can tree roots growing underneath them.
Finally, oil and gas spills can also damage asphalt driveways, leading to cracks and other problems.
Different Types of Crack Fillers
Different types of crack fillers are available on the market, but not all of them are created equal. Some are better for specific applications than others. Here is a breakdown of some of the most common types of crack fillers and their pros and cons:
- Polyurethane-based fillers: These are some of the most popular crack fillers on the market because they are so versatile. They can be used for both asphalt and concrete cracks, and they come in both liquid and foam forms. They are also relatively easy to apply. However, they can be expensive, and they can also cause yellowing over time.
- Epoxy-based fillers: These fillers are made from epoxy resin, which is a type of plastic. They are extremely durable and can withstand both extreme heat and cold. However, they can be difficult to apply, and they can also be quite expensive.
- Asphalt-based sealants: These sealants are made from asphalt, so they are best suited for cracks in asphalt surfaces. They are easy to apply and relatively affordable, but they do not last as long as other types of sealants.
- Silicone-based sealants: Silicone is a rubber-like material that is known for its durability and flexibility. These sealants are best suited for cracks in concrete surfaces. They are easy to apply and relatively affordable, but they do not last as long as other types of sealants.
Reviews of best crack fillers
- Colored & textured like Ashphalt : Provides an excellent color and texture match to asphalt surfaces
- Forms a watertight seal : Use to fill cracks for a durable repair
- Stays flexible : Resists cracking and is weatherproof
- Adheres to damp surfaces : Can be used in wet conditions
- DIY – Fast & Easy To Apply – No Special Tools Needed
- Formulated To Remain FLEXIBLE in HOT and COLD Weather
- Fill Cracks up to ONE INCH WIDE
- Seals Cracks To Prevent Further Damage
- MADE IN THE U.S.A.
- Bonds asphalt to concrete joints. Easy self-leveling application!
- PERFORMANCE: Able to fill cracks up to 1.5 in. wide. Self-leveling consistency. Fast skin time in less than 1 hour.
- SUPPORTS: Excellent adhesion, bonds to asphalt and concrete.
- DURABILITY: Resists aging and weathering. Permenantly elastic and high durability.
- USES: Can be used on asphalt driveways, asphalt roadways, asphalt pavements, asphalt to concrete joints, aprons.
- Liquid cement crack filler is an easy to use, ready mixed product for the repair of cracks in concrete
- Repairs are ready for traffic in 30 to 45 minutes
- Self leveling and dries gray to match most existing concrete
- Interior and exterior use
- Driveway Elastomeric Emulsion Crack Filler
- Package Contents: the package comes with 1 pack of concrete expansion joint filler measuring about 10 feet long, the length is enough to meet your needs, so you can cut them to where you need to fill depending on the length you need
- Reliable Material: our driveway crack filler is made of quality EPDM rubber, reliable, flexible and strong, with strong weather and aging resistance, not easy to break, which can serve you for a long time
- Easy to Assemble: the concrete seam filler are removable and replaceable, easy to use; You just put rubber strip in the crack of the road, and then press firmly by your hands or woodworking hammers, in this way, the gray seal strip will fill the crack
- Size Information: flexible rubber strip for concrete fits 1/2-1 inch crack, there are 3 different sizes provided: 1/2 inch wide, 3/4 inch wide and 1 inch wide, you can choose according to your needs; Note: please measure the crack size of your expansion joint before you buy
- Suitable for: our concrete expansion joint replacement is suitable for concrete, driveway, sidewalk expansion and many other places, also can be applied as a family backup, or as a working tool for workers to repair the road
- Description – Blacktop Crack Repair
- Manufacturer’s Part Number 2050
- Size – 8Lbs
- Uniformly blended latex emulsion, specially designed to adhere to all horizontal concrete surfaces, Easy to apply, Ready to use – no mixing required
- Flows well into cracks
- Blends in with natural colour of concrete
- Use for repairing cracks in concrete sidewalks, patios and driveways
- 946 ml
- Package Contents: you will receive 1 pack of concrete expansion joint filler, the length is enough to meet your needs, so you can cut them to where you need to fill depending on the length you need
- Reliable and Sturdy: our driveway crack filler is made of EPDM rubber, flexible and strong, weather resistance and aging resistance, not easy to break, can provide you a long time use
- Easy to Operate: the concrete crack filler is very easy to use, removable and replaceable; You just put rubber strip in the crack of the road, and then press firmly by your hands or woodworking hammers, in this way, the gray seal strip will fill the crack
- Size Information: flexible rubber strip for concrete fits 0.5″-1″ crack, there are 3 different sizes provided for you to choose: 0.5 inches wide, 0.8 inches wide and 1 inch wide, so please measure the crack size of your expansion joint before you buy
- Scope of Application: our concrete expansion joint filler is suitable for many places, such as concrete, driveway, sidewalk expansion and so on, and also be as a family backup, or as a working tool for worker
How to Choose the Right Crack Filler Material
When it comes to choosing the right crack filler material, there are a few things you need to take into account.
The first is the climate where you live. If you live in a hot and humid climate, you’ll need a filler that can withstand those conditions.
Second, you need to consider what type of surface the crack is on. If the surface is porous, such as concrete or asphalt, you’ll need a filler that can penetrate the surface and create a seal.
Finally, Think about how visible the crack is. If the crack is in a visible location, you’ll want a filler that will create a smooth, seamless finish.
How to Install a Crack Filler
A crack filler is a material that is applied to a crack in order to prevent it from spreading. Crack fillers come in a variety of forms, including liquids, pastes, and powders. They are usually applied using a brush or a roller.
The most important thing to remember when using a crack filler is to make sure that the crack is clean and dry. If the crack is dirty, the filler will not adhere to the surface properly. If the crack is wet, the filler will not be able to penetrate into the crack.
It is also important to choose the right type of crack filler for the job. Some fillers are designed for cracks that are wide, while others are designed for cracks that are thin. Some fillers are designed for concrete surfaces, while others are designed for asphalt surfaces.
Once you have chosen the right type of filler, follow the manufacturer’s instructions for application. Make sure to get all of the air bubbles out of the filler before applying it to the surface.
Benefits of Having a Smooth and Safe Driveway
One of the benefits of having a smooth and safe driveway is that it can make getting in and out of your home much easier. Having a driveway that is free of bumps, cracks, and other hazards can ensure that you don’t have any trouble getting in and out of your home, which can be especially important if you have a disability or are elderly. In addition, a smooth and safe driveway can also make it easier to pull in and out of your garage.
Another benefit of having a smooth and safe driveway is that it can help keep your car in good condition. If your driveway is full of bumps and cracks, this can cause your car to bounce around and hit the ground hard, which can lead to wear and tear on your car’s suspension system. A smooth and safe driveway can help prevent this from happening, which can save you money in the long run.
In conclusion, driveway crack fillers are a great solution for restoring your driveway to its former glory. By choosing the right product, you can ensure that your driveway looks good and stays protected from further damage.
Take the time to compare different products and read reviews before making a purchase so that you can get the best value for your money. With regular maintenance, you’ll be sure to have an attractive and reliable driveway for many years to come.